This recipe is an easy way to get all the goodness of carrots in a healthy Creamy Coconut Carrot Soup. It is really easy and fast to prepare, preserving the seriously great health benefits of carrots ( listed below the Recipe).
- Juice (recommended) the carrots and warm up slightly.
- Steam the carrots while you do something else, come back add the carrots and other ingredients to your blender and serve….or;
Great for weigh loss as it is low in calories, natural earth ingredients, and healthy cold pressed plant fats..
Super boosting it by making it raw: It is beneficial to eat a decent amount of raw fruits and veg. Some people have gone so far as to make their whole diet raw. If you can get or have the energy to make carrot juice, which is the method that will obviously yield maximum amount of of the nutrition.
Read this article on how to make carrot juice for better health for some easy tips and benefits:
Steaming preserves nutrients: So after raw consumption, steaming is a good way to keep the color of your veg and not kill all the nutrients. Steaming is also a way to soften the veg so it can be easily absorbed by your body. I steam it in a strainer over a pot of boiling water on the stove, but you can use a steamer if you want. (I found that it is too much of a mission for me to clean). Steam it for about 20 minutes until it is soft enough to blend.
Healthy Recipes| Wellness Articles
nutrition| Raw| Recipe| Vegan| Vegetarian| Weight loss
Creamy Healthy Coconut and Carrot Soup that is Easy and and Quick to make, with some Healthy Herbals to boost Mr Carrot's Super Powers.
- - 5 Steamed or Boiled Carrots ( or double the amount of juiced carrots for a raw version)
- - 1 Can or box Coconut Cream
- - 1 Tablespoon Cold Pressed Coconut Oil (Olive oil)
- - 1 Thumb Turmeric (Dried Powder)
- - 1 Clove Garlic
- - 1 Handful Fresh Green Herbs (Coriander or Basil)
- - 1/2 Cup hot Rooibos Tea (water)
- - 1 Tablespoon Honey (Stevia)
- - Himalaya Salt, Pepper, Chili Powder, Cashew nuts
- Juice your carrots and add warm it up lightly on the stove.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and serve!
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and serve! (If the soup is to cold heat it lightly in pot before serving)
- Season and garnish with some Himalaya Salt, Pepper, Chili Powder, Cashew nuts and basil flowers.
Turmeric is a very powerful anti inflammatory.
Pepper helps the absorption of the turmeric and speeds up metabolism.
Coconut is anti bacterial and a million other awesome things. Beta carotene found in carrot is a fat soluble vitamin meaning a small amount of fat is required for it to be absorbed.
Carrots is high in vitamins and minerals.
Watch out for coconut cream that contains a bleaching agents.
I like using rooibos tea instead of water in my recipes to make sure I don't dilute any of the flavours, it has a suttle taste so it doesnt interfere, and it is full of anti-oxidants. If you don't have rooibos tea where you live use any herbal teas that is similar or just use water .
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat Turmeric,Coconut||0|
|Saturated Fat Vegan, Raw, Vegetarian||0|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Let thy food be thy medicine, health benefits of carrots:
Beta carotene: Carrots are a rich source of this powerful antioxidant, which, among other vital uses, can be converted into vitamin A in the body to help maintain healthy skin.This gives carrots its yellow colour.
Cardiovascular: a new 10-year study from the Netherlands about carrot intake and risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD)—and those results are fascinating. Intake of fruits and vegetables in the study was categorized by color and focused on four color categories: green, orange/yellow, red/purple, and white. Out of these four categories, orange/yellow (and in particular, foods with deeper shades of orange and yellow) emerged as most protective against CVD. And even more striking, carrots were determined to be the most prominent member of this dark orange/yellow food category. Read more
Enzymes: After a certain age our enzymes starts decreasing this causes less nutrient to be absorbed, and in return results in aging. If you don’t have enzymes to digest your food it doesn’t matter what you eat. This is one of the reasons Carrots is a major food of the Gerson Therapy (a natural cancer treatment). Carrots increase saliva and supply enzymes that aid in digestion. Eating carrots regularly may help prevent gastric ulcers and other digestive disorders
Read more about the health benefits:
10 Reasons to eat more carrots
Latest posts by Leanne (see all)
- Easy Ways to Improve Digestion and Enhance Your Well-Being - May 31, 2018
- Emotional and Mental Health using Essential Oils and Aromatherapy - July 29, 2016
- Why healing your emotional body is the best thing you could do for yourself… - February 18, 2016