This recipe is really quick and shouldn’t take you more than 10 minutes.
Best part it is raw vegan and healthy!
Ideally use organic raw cold pressed ingredients. This is not always practical, whatever you get will be more healthy than normal store bought chocolate. (Have you ever looked at the ingredients, its bad for your skin and gives you a sugar high)
[the_category separator='| ']
[the_tags before=' ' separator='| ' after=' ']
Ingredients and Method
- 1/2 cup of an unsweetened fruit paste (Date paste, or we blend raisins and the coconut oil into a paste in the blender. You can use raisins, prunes, tamarind, dates or coconut nectar etc)
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup cold pressed coconut oil or cacao butter , melted. We use a combination of the two, although cocoa butter seems expensive it keeps it solid ( it is very hot in Bali), and it actually goes far. But use what is available and affordable in your area.
- Mix it all together spread it on wax paper or make pretty truffles with spoons.
- Put it in refrigerator to cool and enjoy!!
We use to just throw everything together in a blender, but now we make the paste with the blender and mix the cocoa powder in by hand.
Reinardt (my partner in crime) makes this now on a weekly basis to sustain his chocolate addiction. He ended up buying a 1 Kg bag of cocoa powder.
He also likes adding some goji berries, cashews and cocoa nibs. I like it with cocoa nibs and green tea powder.
Use whatever you like it is almost impossible to go wrong…
Let they Food be they Medicine
Coconut oil – the lauric acid in coconut oil has antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties it helps with cholesterol level maintenance, weight loss, boosted immune system, proper digestion and regulated metabolism. It also provides relief from kidney problems, heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, HIV, and cancer, while helping to improve dental quality and bone strength.
Cocoa – . Most notably, cocoa demonstrates significant benefits for the cardiovascular system, helping to reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke, reduce the risk of high blood pressure, and even reduce the risk of cancer. Furthermore, cocoa consumption is associated with reduced cognitive decline in old age.Read more about the health miracles.
Where can I find the products?
Coconut oil and Cocoa Butter in South Africa
In South Africa coconut oil can be purchased from health food stores or Dis Chem.
Cocoa Butter can be found at Local Health Stores or Online Health Stores.
Or a friend of mine in Limpopo ships locally Silver Mist Oils
Coconut oil and Cocoa Butter in Bali
Alchemy Health Store – Ubud
Bali Buddha – Jimbaran and Ubud
I found the original from This Rawsome Vegan Life. She has the best Raw Vegan Deserts!
Any Questions leave it below:
Latest posts by Leanne (see all)
- Easy Ways to Improve Digestion and Enhance Your Well-Being - May 31, 2018
- Emotional and Mental Health using Essential Oils and Aromatherapy - July 29, 2016
- Why healing your emotional body is the best thing you could do for yourself… - February 18, 2016