The dressing with the nectarines really makes this recipe delicious. It’s easy and quick to make, healthy and delicious.
I decided I am going to make more Cous Cous, as it is so versatile and takes only 5 min. And I love it!
The key to a great cous cous is some crisp veggies (not overcooked) , something sweet like raisins, nectarines or figs and a healthy creamy dressing. (Or instead of a dressing cous cous can added with the fried veg in a pan and fried with some olive oil and spice.)
You can use any combination of veggies that you have available in the fridge, and prepare it the way you like it. Make sure the veg is not overcooked.
I grilled some Zucchini in coconut oil with grated fresh garlic and paprika spice. I also added some blackened Tempe.
The Creamy Zingy Mustard Coriander Yougurt Dressing makes this really great. You don’t really taste the mustard it just gives this interesting zing to it…
Black Mustard is common in Indian cooking and has a range of health benefits from cancer prevention to clear skin. Black mustard seeds are inexpensive and can be found at any Indian spice shop. (You can also make your own wholegrain mustard with it by letting it sit in a beer and vinegar mix for a day.)
Grilled vegetables with cous cous topped with a healthy creamy zingy coriander mustard dressing, nectarines and raisins. Perfect for a quick lunch or dinner, leftovers can easily be taken to work for a healthy lunch break.
- 1 cups of cous cous
- Grilled Vegetables
- Raisins, Nectarine or Figs
- Handful of Cashews
- Handful of Coriander leaves with the stalks
- 4 Table spoons of Yogurt or Coconut Cream
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 Tablespoon of Black mustard seeds
- Salt and Pepper
- Pour some boiled water over the cous cous in a bowl and cover it.
- Let the water the water level cover the cous cous with a few centimeters above it. Let it sit a few minutes until all the water is absorbed. Fluff it up with a fork.
- Add your grilled Vegetables
- Mix all the ingriedients in a smoothe maker or blender en pour it onto your cous cous and topp it off with some nectarine, raisins of figs.
Latest posts by Leanne (see all)
- Easy Ways to Improve Digestion and Enhance Your Well-Being - May 31, 2018
- Emotional and Mental Health using Essential Oils and Aromatherapy - July 29, 2016
- Why healing your emotional body is the best thing you could do for yourself… - February 18, 2016