he dressing with the nectarines really makes this recipe delicious. It’s easy and quick to make, healthy and delicious.
I decided I am going to make more couscous, as it is so versatile and takes only 5 min. And I love it!
The key to a great couscous is some crisp veggies (not overcooked) , something sweet like raisins, nectarines or figs and a healthy creamy dressing. (Or instead of a dressing couscous can added with the fried veg in a pan and fried with some olive oil and spice.)
You can use any combination of veggies that you have available in the fridge, and prepare it the way you like it. Make sure the veg is not overcooked.
I grilled some Zucchini in coconut oil with grated fresh garlic and paprika spice. I also added some blackened Tempe.
The Creamy Zingy Mustard Spirulina Coriander Yogurt Dressing makes this really great. You don’t really taste the mustard it just gives this interesting zing to it…
Black Mustard is common in Indian cooking and has a range of health benefits from cancer prevention to clear skin. Black mustard seeds are inexpensive and can be found at any Indian spice shop. (You can also make your own wholegrain mustard with it by letting it sit in a beer and vinegar mix for a day.)
- 1 cups of couscous
- Grilled Vegetables
- Raisins, Nectarine or Figs
DRESSING IN A BLENDER
- Handful of Cashews
- Handful of Coriander leaves with the stalks
- 1/2 tablespoon Ylang Leanne Organic Spirulina
- 4 Table spoons of Yogurt or Coconut Cream
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 Tablespoon of Black mustard seeds
- Salt and Pepper
- Pour some boiled water over the couscous in a bowl and cover it.
- Let the water the water level cover the couscous with a few centimeters above it. Let it sit a few minutes until all the water is absorbed. Fluff it up with a fork.
- Add your grilled Vegetables
- Mix all the ingredients in a smoothed maker or blender and pour it onto your couscous and top it off with some nectarine, raisins of figs.